All vehicles come with sets of shocks or struts, which make up your suspension system. Both are in charge of giving you a steady ride and more control of your vehicle. With such an important job, are the warning signs of suspension failure?
- You feel excessive bouncing, rolling, and shaking when driving, especially on bumpy roads or elevated tracks, requiring you to alter your steering.
- Irregular tire wear is a major warning sign of worn suspension. Old shocks and struts will keep your tires from making proper contact with the road.
- You might also experience steering wheel vibration or shuddering, even on smooth roads.
- Old suspension parts will make your vehicle pull to one side.
- Lastly, a common sign of worn suspension is a greasy or wet appearance on or near your shocks and struts.
To further confirm that you require suspension replacements, you can try the trusty bounce test. To perform the test, all you have to do is push down on each corner of your car using your body weight. If your car bounces more than two times after you release your body, it is a telling sign that you need suspension repairs.
Suspension Repairs at Future Auto Service
Even if you do not notice the troubling signs right away, you should ask an auto professional to inspect your shocks or struts at your next vehicle service - to be on the safe side! Nonetheless, if you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you should get in touch with our expert team at Future Auto Service. You should never put off suspension repairs as they can lead to accidents and injuries. You can reach us at (818) 239-7201 or schedule an appointment online today!