Car Service with Your 2024 Tax Refund!
It's that season of the year again. Everyone is getting ready to file their taxes and refunds are expected to hit bank accounts as early as mid-February! But before you get too excited thinking about all the fancy things that you could spend your tax refund on, take a look at the car that is sitting in your driveway. When was the last time it has been serviced? Using your tax refund to repair or maintain your car is a responsible way to allocate those funds and our team at Future Auto Service is here to help. Find some food for thought in today's blog post about the best practices for spending your tax refund on car maintenance.
Assess Your Car's Needs:
- Determine what kind of service or maintenance your car requires. That could include routine maintenance tasks like oil change, brake pad replacement, fluid checks, or more significant repairs. Have you been noticing any abnormal vibrations or noises while driving? Our ASE-certified specialists at Future Auto Service know their way around inspecting and accessing your car's needs professionally. Even better, get a FREE safety inspection as a AAA member at our service center.
- If there are multiple repairs or maintenance tasks needed, prioritize them based on urgency and safety. Addressing critical issues first can prevent further damage and ensure your vehicle's reliability. Right off the bat, we recommend everything essential to keep your car running safely and smoothly on the road, such as brakes, tires, and oil changes or spark plugs. However, further problems such as coolant leaks or a bad car battery can indicate a higher urgency to prevent overheating or getting stranded on the side of the road.
- Create a budget based on the estimated costs you receive. Allocate your tax refund to cover the necessary repairs or maintenance while keeping some funds aside for potential unexpected expenses.
Consider Preventive Maintenance:
- Use part of your tax refund for preventive maintenance. This can include services like tire rotation, wheel alignment, and other tasks that can extend the lifespan of your vehicle and prevent future issues.
Explore DIY Options:
- Depending on your skills and the complexity of the task, consider doing some maintenance tasks yourself. Simple tasks like changing the air filter or wiper blades can be done at home with the right tools and resources.
Save for Future Maintenance:
- If your car is currently in good condition, consider setting aside part of your tax refund for future maintenance. This proactive approach can help you cover expenses when they arise, preventing potential financial strain.
Check for Recalls or Warranty Coverage:
- Before spending money on repairs, check if there are any recalls or if the repairs might be covered by the manufacturer's warranty. This can save you money on eligible repairs.
Remember, regular maintenance is crucial for the longevity and performance of your car. Using your tax refund wisely to address car maintenance needs can save you money in the long run and contribute to the overall safety and reliability of your vehicle. Our team at FAS believes that using your tax refund for car service is an investment in yourself to ensure reliable transportation and safety for your day-to-day life. If you aren't quite sure how to spend your tax refund on repairs or maintenance, give our specialists a call to set up an inspection at our service center. Our process is easy and 100% transparent, so you will know exactly what is going on with your car in no time. What are you waiting for? Get in touch with Burbank's Nr.1 Service Center today!